Another day, another root being dug out in preparation for our new seeds!
Hello, again! Today is Day 9 of this 40 day journey. I don’t know about you but it feels like it’s been a lot longer than 9 days. That’s probably because of the growth that’s taken place and also all the warfare that’s come into play. Well, the enemy can try and play all he wants but I see his attempts. I actually wrote about his possible strategies yesterday or the day before and he has started to try and take me off of God’s path. He doesn’t want me to continue growing and especially not telling other people about God or helping them. What we need to keep doing is pressing forward. As he tries to push us back, we laugh first and then push back 10 times harder. So let’s keep Tending Our Garden, shall we? Fearlessly and courageously.
SEED OF TRUTH: Paul Prays for the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation
15. Because of this, since I first heard about your strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and your tender love toward all His devoted ones, 16. my heart is always full and overflowing with thanks to God for you as I constantly remember you in my prayers. 17. I pray that the Father of glory, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, would impart to you the riches of the Spirit of wisdom and the Spirit of revelation to know Him through your deepening intimacy with Him.
18. I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination, flooding you with light, until you experience the full revelation of the hope of His calling – that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that He finds in us, His holy ones!
19. I pray that you will continually experience the immeasurable greatness of God’s power made available to you through faith. Then your lives will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through you! This is the mighty power 20. that was released when God raised Christ from the dead and exalted Him to the place of highest honor and supreme authority in the heavenly realm! 21. And now he is exalted as first above every ruler, authority, government, and realm of power in existence! He is gloriously enthroned over every name that is ever praised, not only in this age, but in the age that is coming!
22. And he alone is the leader and source of everything needed in the church. God has put everything beneath the authority of Jesus Christ and has given him the highest rank above all others. 23. And now we, His church, are His body on the earth and that which fills Him who is being filled by it!Ephesians 1:15-23 TPT (The Passion Translation)
What does Paul pray for the church and for Christians everywhere? Go back and read His prayer knowing that, as one of God’s adopted “sons,” Jesus prays for you each day. Can you imagine Jesus praying this prayer for you?! Try replacing the word “you” with your name and quietly recite this passage to yourself but say it aloud. It is incredible! Believe this as true, brothers and sisters, because it is!
PLANT THE SEED
By now you should know the drill. Let’s take a moment to recite today’s focus verse (below) to ourselves. Don’t forget to change the “You’s” to your name. He is praying for YOU. Hide it in your heart and meditate on it throughout the night and tomorrow.
18. I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of *name*’s imagination, flooding *name* with light, until *name* experiences the full revelation of the hope of His calling – that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that He finds in *name*, His holy one!
19. I pray that *name* will continually experience the immeasurable greatness of God’s power made available to *name* through faith. Then *name*’s life will be an advertisement of this immense power as it works through *name*! This is the mighty power…Ephesians 1:18-19 TPT (The Passion Translation
How did that feel? My heart rate has increased a bit. Have you been able to accept that YOU are THAT IMPORTANT to Him? Your value and identity is in Christ! Jesus shed His blood on the cross so you are not held by responsibilities and expectations that lead you to shame and guilt because they are unreachable. We are living under Grace and Mercy.
Responsibilities and expectations are the bases of guilt and shame and judgment, and they proved the essential framework that promotes performance as the basis for identity and value.The Shack, pg 206
WATER THE SEED
Let’s take it a step further and pray Paul’s prayer for our family members and for close friends. Pray it for a friend you see seeking after the Lord with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength. Now, pray it for yourself. Just as Paul prayed for the Ephesians and the church, remember that Jesus prays each day, each hour, and each moment for YOU! Come again? This is so wild. Jesus prays for you and I! Ask Him to help you see things through His eyes. Remember to “water this seed” throughout your day. Grow truth in your heart until you have a full garden of faith and righteousness!
Faith does not grow in the house of certainty.The Shack, pg 189
BEAR THE FRUIT: Pray that you will know Him fully.
CLOSE IN PRAYER
Ask the Lord to bring to life all that has been planted in your heart today. Every day I will tell you to pray this. Bring it to life, Lord! We are thirsty. We have a desire to know you better! We want to walk in the Will that you have for our lives. We want to be your vessels, Father. Listen to this prayer below for your Identity and Inheritance in Christ.
If you feel the Spirit moving in your life and feel led to share this amazing journey, please take a moment to share this with the friend/s or family members you prayed the focus verse for. Now, you don’t have to tell them that you prayed for them. If you want to, tell them all! Help me keep this outreach going. Our fellowship and growth is so amazing and necessary. If you would like to reach out to me, you can do so by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by messaging me through the You Him and Her Facebook page. I cannot thank you enough for your continued prayerful support through this season.
Turning Wounds Into Wisdom,
You Him and Her