Hello, my name is Kristen, it’s a pleasure to meet you.
The first thing you should know is the meaning of my blog name – youhimandher – so you can better understand where I am coming from. The “You” represents YOU, the reader. The “Him” represents God, our Almighty Father. The “Her” represents me.
I have one mission with my blog: Help others find their identities in Christ and live an abundant, joyful life.
This isn’t my first time thinking about starting my own blog, however, it’s the first time I have actually started one. I tend to think, think and think some more about things I want to do and never do them. I can’t even begin to tell you how much time and “mind energy” I have wasted by just thinking and not doing. I don’t know about you, but I’m did being the one wasting my own minutes, hours, days and years. It’s time to start doing; self- reflecting, growing, and encouraging others in the process of my own personal process. Make sense? It will, eventually.
You’ll learn more about me as I start writing. Be prepared for some raw and un-cut reading material. Trust me, I have a lot to express and tell you. But for now, I’ll give you a few facts about the person I am and the rest, well, you’ll just have to keep coming back for more.
1. I’m a Scorpio and grew up in Tennessee.
2. My mother passed away at the age of 45 on September 6, 2015, from Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (I’ll definitely be writing about that)
3. I suffer from depression, anxiety, and OCD. (of course, this will contribute to my posts. It is a big part of who I am but it doesn’t control or define me..there’s a difference)
4. I know a lot about addiction and how to overcome it.
5. I work in the Airline/Aviation Industry as a Technical Writer.